This is where we have fun; we have fun flying as a Pilot be it on our own or as part of a Virtual Airline, be in flying Heavy Metal or a Single Prop, be if VFR or IFR the more you fly on line the more ATC will be attracted to open up positions.
VATSIM has an old saying. On Line ATC attracts Pilots and On line Pilots attract ATC, this saying is so true as the two go hand in hand there is no boss or employee, ATC or neither superior to or inferior to Pilots and vice versa as each complement each other to grow a feeling of community making this Hobby a pleasure for all members.
Virtual Airlines are an integral part of VATSIM and so are EVENTS, the more the better as this creates a busy airspace. Generally we can speak of 4 kinds of events
· Local vACC Events between two or more Airports
· Intra Divisional Events, between two or more airports covering more than on vACC
· Divisional Events where the aim is to light up the entire Division
· Virtual Airline arranged Events where by the VA is asking for Traffic to be open at a specific place and time.
· CPT related events called for by a vACC or the Training Department of VATWA in order to test or “Stress” a new controller.
As the Division grows we will see more and more events arranged and advertised and of course VATWA Participating VA’s can advertise their events as well and these adverts will be circulated not only in VATWA, not only in VATASIA but across all of VATSIM!